Our Biggest Loser Contest is designed to inspire and motivate you for real, permanent changes. Contestants on the TV show never thought they could do it, but with the right tools, they were successful.
BIGGEST LOSER 2021
Princeton Club East
January 30th – April 24th
The Biggest Loser Weight-Loss contest is designed to inspire and motivate you for real and permanent weight loss results. This contest will provide you with the right tools you need to lose the weight that you want to lose! And let’s win some prizes along the way!
Individual- Compete against other participants to lose the highest total percentage of body weight in 12 weeks.
*If there is a tie, the award will go to the contestant with the highest actual pounds lost.
Team- Be part of the team that collectively loses the highest total percentage of their body weight. (Trick: the more groups you join the better chance you have to win!)
*If there is a tie, the award will go to the team that loses the most actual pounds collectively. Teams will be a combination of generations.
Winners – There will be one male, one female, and one team Grand Prize Winner.
**There will also be second and third place winners**
**Try something New winners: If you choose to opt in to our Buddy System portion of the program, you will randomly be paired with another participant, and collectively your total weight will compete against other “Buddy System participants”. (see more information below)
How it works:
- Choose from one, two, three, or four groups to train with per week.
- All participants must come to the initial weigh-in Saturday, January 30th. The initial weigh-in procedure will begin at 9 a.m. Photographs and weigh-in will immediately follow the meeting. Location: East Side Mega Club
- Participants must come to the final weigh-in Saturday, April 24th at 12 noon at the East Side Mega Club.
- Weigh-in once a week with your trainer. *If you are in multiple groups, you will weigh in with each trainer, each week.
- Complete weekly food journals and turn them into your trainer(s). (optional, but encouraged for best results. If you turn your food journal in every week to your trainer, your team will receive a 1lb advantage at the final weigh-in.)
- You must complete all of the listed above or you will be disqualified.
- To Enter:
- Choose how many groups you would like to join. (Max of 4)
- Select the days/times that work best for you
- Register at the front desk and tell them how many and what groups you would like to join. *If you are an Xpress member, sign up with Crystal Lanphier. Xpress members are allowed to join teams at the East Mega club.
***Max of 10 participants per group. Spots fill up very quickly so register now!***
Biggest Loser package includes:
• Weekly 60 minute workout with the group(s) of your choice
• Review and Feedback of your weekly food journals
• Healthy recipes and nutrition counseling
• Opportunity to compete in pop-challenges (like a pop quiz, challenge will be done in class as a surprise)
• An individual fitness assessment with your trainer to take your starting measurements (InBody Scan) and to develop a customized workout routine for you to do on your own that will supplement your group workouts.
• Virtual Quarterly Nutritional counseling with our trainers on Saturdays at 12 pm (February 20th, March 13th, and April 3rd).
• MVP nominations and winners every 3 weeks. You can vote for anyone in the program (on your team or not) that you feel inspired by because they motivate you, they are great team players, you’ve become great workout buddies or any reason you see fit. (For Virtual classes, the trainers will nominate someone.)
• Raffle Drawing for prizes. Raffle entries based on club check-ins.
– Checking into the club 3x/week = 1 raffle entry/week
– Checking into the club 4x/week = 2 raffle entry/week
– Checking into the club 5x/week = 3 raffle entry/week
– Checking into the club 6x/week = 4 raffle entry/week
• Buddy System Participants:
– If you choose to opt into our “Buddy System”, you will be randomly paired with another participant. This is to encourage you to learn how to support others through similar obstacles, lean on others for support, find encouragement from always having a gym buddy (although you might not have the same workout schedules), and offers a new way to win with a new friend.
– There is no additional cost for this. All you need to do is let me know you want to opt into our Buddy System to eligible for our “Buddy System Prizes”.
▪ 1st place — $100 account credit to be used on anything, 2 months FREE hydromassage, 1 month FREE pulse boot camp
▪ 2nd place — $50 account credit to be used on anything, 1 month FREE hydromassage, 1 month FREE pulse boot camp
▪ 3rd place — $20account credit to be used on anything, 1 month FREE hydromassage.
Virtual Classes and Training Sessions
We are offering virtual classes again, and we have added more! These virtual workouts will work the same way as our in person classes work. The trainer will learn what your space at home is so we can help design the workout to accommodate what you have at home. However, to do these workouts, you may need to have basic equipment at home: a set of light and heavy dumbbells (or a full set of resistance bands are an option too). **There is no cap on participants/class for virtual classes.**
$255 / class
We offer a multi-class discount. If you take multiple classes, you will receive:
Sign up for 2 classes/week – get 20% discount
Sign up for 3 classes/week – get 40% discount
Sign up for 4 classes/week – get 50% discount
**Must sign-up with a trainer (or with Crystal) to receive the multi-class discount.
*Add a one-on-one personal trainer during the 12 week program for just an additional $499/12 pack of sessions. (A savings of almost $300 — Discount of over 35% off regular pricing). These sessions must be trained in line with the program and the sessions expire at the end of the program. You may purchase more than 1 of these packages, but all the “Biggest Loser Training Sessions” expire at the end of this program.
Non-Members are Welcome!!
Non-member added surcharge:
- One group per week • +$30
- Two groups per week • +$40
- Three groups per week • +$50
- Four groups per week • +$60
You can register at the Front Desk, through your Member Portal, or through the Princeton Club mobile app! Space is limited so register today!
TRAINERS AND TIMES
|Day||Time||Trainer||In Person / Virtual|
** If a participant misses a group session due to illness, travel, etc. they may make it up in another group that week. In order to schedule a make-up, the participant must contact their trainer to schedule their makeup for an in-person class with that same trainer or they can do their makeup in a virtual class (since there is no capacity limit). Our classes must stay capped at 10 participants, so makeup availability for in-person classes will be based on other class sizes. However, participants cannot change their group permanently once the program has begun.
Top male and female- Will each win 12 FREE Personal Training sessions (expire 12/31/21) + free round of Biggest Loser Continuation training (8 weeks of group training with any group/any trainer.) Winners will also receive 2 months FREE Hydro massage and a free month membership to give to a friend.
2nd place male and female finishers will each win 5 FREE Personal Training sessions (expire 12/31/21) + 50% off 1 round of Biggest Loser Continuation training (8 weeks of group training with any group/any trainer.) Winners will also receive 2 months FREE Hydro massage.
3rd place male and female finishers will each win 3 FREE Personal Training sessions (expire 12/31/21). Winners will also receive 1 month FREE Hydro massage.
Top group- Each member of the group will receive club cash, 2 months FREE hydromassage, one FREE 30 minute massage (expires 7/31/21) and each participant will receive a free round of Biggest Loser Continuation training (8 weeks of group training with your same group and trainer.)
Every 3 weeks: Each team will nominate an MVP and the winner (from each team) will receive a prize.
*Discounts cannot be combined. If you win multiple discount prizes, they must be redeemed separately. The Free and discounted continuation prizes are valid on the immediate continuation classes we offer once this program ends only.
- The Initial weigh-in on January 30th and the final weigh-in on April 24th are mandatory. We MUST do an official weigh-in for you to be eligible to win the contest.
- Participants must weigh in once a week. All participants in a group will weigh in before their group workout and report their weight to their trainers before each scheduled workout. If you are in multiple groups, you don’t have to weigh in each class, but you need to report your weight to your trainer at each workout.
- For the initial and final weigh-ins, participants should wear normal workout clothes. (T-shirt, shorts or workout pants and socks.) Shoes will be removed and there can’t be anything found in pockets. (NO JEANS or SWEATSHIRTS-This will be strictly enforced)
- You must fill out and complete a weekly food journal. Food journals will be tracked through www.sparkpeople.com or www.myfitnesspal.com. If you do not have access to the internet, let your trainer know before the contest begins.
- Pop Challenges will be presented randomly and you must be in a class that week to do the challenge. If you complete a challenge, you will receive a .25% advantage from your weight for that week.
a. In addition, if you attend all 3 nutritional counseling sessions, your team will also receive a 1lb advantage at the end of the contest.
- Princeton Club strongly advises all contestants to lose weight safely following healthy eating and exercising habits. There are many resources at the club to assist you with losing weight in a healthy manner. We strongly discourage skipping meals, starving yourself before weigh-ins or excessive exercising that is unsafe. (Your trainer can expound upon these suggestions if you need them to)
- If you do not lose weight for 2 consecutive weeks, please contact a trainer to review your current workout routine and nutrition plan.
- The winner will be determined by the top participant who loses the largest percentage of body weight. If there is a tie, the winner will be determined by who lost the most actual pounds. To qualify for the top prize, all requirements of the contest must be met with no exceptions.
- All rules are enforced on all participants with no exceptions. It is the participants’ responsibility to read and understand the rules and guidelines.
- The contest is between the East side club only. East side contestants cannot work out in the West side groups or participate in their program and vice-versa. Members, however, can use the west clubs to work out on their own per their membership agreement.
Crystal Lanphier- firstname.lastname@example.org
I began working with (my trainer) about a year ago and have achieved some incredible goals in my life. He is an amazing trainer and coach and is very knowledgeable about so many things including anatomy, physiology and other aspects of physical training, diet and exercise that are necessary in being a successful trainer.Princeton Club Member
Love this place. Have been a member for going on 5 years and have been satisfied with their excellent facilities and service. My kids love the teachers at the kids club - they actually engage in activities with them. My son has been going there since infancy and they were so patient when he was first reluctant to go. Now he runs in! Also love that there's a channel on all machines with TV where you can view your kids...wonderful place!Princeton Club Member
I joined about four months ago for two years to start. I had used the facility about three years ago for physical therapy with UW so I knew what to expect. Three times a week I go to swim classes in the early mornings, do my physical therapy in the resistance pool ahead of time and enjoy the whirlpool after my classes. When the weather cools down I will add some walking and perhaps a yoga class to my schedule. I like meeting new friends and knowing that every time I go there will be friendly faces to greet me and EXCELLENT trainers leading my classes. Before I joined I had mentally committed to the membership. Now I am physically committed! Thank you, Princeton Club!Princeton Club Member
It's my therapy place. It takes lots of motivation to get there, but once I'm there, it's so worth it!Princeton Club Member
I love the different classes and the fact most of them are free. It's nice to have variety with my workouts. I can chose a different class everyday of just work out on my own. I have also made some great friends during class.Princeton Club Member
The BEST gym!! Hands down. So many classes, weights, machines, etc. I've been a member since moving to Madison & wouldn't go anywhere else!!Princeton Club Member
Clean. Huge. They have it all. If you can't find it here you should stay home. One of the best gyms I've been to.Princeton Club Member
Beautiful Club. Excellent facility and wonderful, friendly staff.Princeton Club Member